Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthdays

I think I'm done with birthdays. Today was my last one. I'm sick of it raining every year. Last night I went out and had a great time. I hung out wit 2 friends (coworkers), my sister, her friends, and my mom for a little bit. Although I had a blast with all of them, it made me wish that I had friends like my sister. They hang out, expect nothing out of each other (they're guys & girls) and basically, they're all just really cool. And then, there was me.. a 27 year old hanging out with 24 +/- year olds. No, it's not that much of an age difference, but still. I felt like a tag along, no matter how nice they were to me.
I really have no friends I hang out with. Yes, I trust my coworkers, and I see them every day, but it's not outside of work. They have no kids, so they go out all the time. I'm more of a home body, and I think that's one of the reasons I don't have friends. I don't know. It just sucks b/c I can't do anything about it. And if that's the reason, so be it. I wouldn't change it for the world. I don't get out much, and when I do, I just don't feel completely "satisfied" with it.
I'm glad alot of people remembered my birthday, and I appreciate it. But there's one person that I would've appreciated a text message, maybe even hung out with for a little bit today. But all I got was a good morning text. I don't even think he remembered. No, we're not in a relationship, but I do like it. No, I'm not getting in a relationship anytime soon, but still. He's a cool person to talk to and hang out with. He has some things going on, which is probably why I didn't get that text, but it still kind of hurt my feelings. I have this wall I put up around me, so I try not to get too close to anyone, and sometimes it hurts no one but myself. Sometimes, I can be so stupid though. It's not that hard to show someone some kind of interest in them, but for me I guess it is.
I guess I just have some issues to work through and maybe one day, I can find someone that will help me out with that.
Anyhow, tomorrow's a new day and maybe it will get better. I'm going to bed.
Nite xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment