Monday, February 23, 2009

Stress

So this weekend has been pretty stressful. I sometimes feel the saying "when it rains it pours" is true. Especially now.
Saturday, I took Jaydon to the dr because one of his testicles were bigger than the other (bigger than normal). The dr said that he had hydrocele, which I didn't really understand what it was. I went home and googled it and understood better. So, it's basically fluid around the testicle. Maybe every 10 baby boys have it when they're born, but it fixes itself within the first year. Well, Jaydon hasn't had this since he was born (that we know of). We just noticed it a few weeks ago. Anyhow, surgery is a possibility. I set up an appt on Wednesday with the urologist. We will see what the options are then. But from what I've seen online, they do surgery on toddlers to make sure it doesn't return.

Sunday, I found out that my grandmother isn't able to walk anymore. She's been up and down the past few months and has done great. I know that she's getting older and everyone's time will come, but I'm just not ready for hers. I really should start going to see her more often. For some reason, I think I'm more upset for my mom. When my grandmother passes, I really do believe that my mom's side of the family will split and do their own things. There won't be as many get-togethers as there is now. My grandmother keeps everyone together and close. Once she's gone, who's left to do that?

This morning, around 4am, I woke up to horrible pains in my neck. It started from between my shoulder blades and went up my neck. I would try to go back to sleep, but the sharp pains would shoot up my neck over and over again. I finally decided to go ahead and get up. I figured a hot shower would help. Getting out of bed was pretty hard. It took me 15-20 minutes because it hurt so bad. Once I got in the shower, it didn't help at all. I couldn't put my arms above my head, and I couldn't even lean my head back to wash my hair. I had to actually take the pain, and hold my head back so that I wouldn't use my neck muscles. It took me forever to actually dry my hair because I couldn't put it up in the towel and I couldn't even towel dry it. It was a pain just brushing it. I took some medicine around 5:30 and told myself that if it didn't help, I would go to the minor med. It did start working, but I'm still hurting right now. I'll live, but how long could this possibly go on?

Anyhow, today is Robert's birthday.. soooo.....

Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment