Monday, February 2, 2009

Why wonder?

I sit here, and read my dad's blog, and wonder why men are the way they are. But at the same time, there's no need to wonder. Here's why
Andy's dad.. He hasn't been around in over 5 years. He has 4 other kids and doesn't really care about his oldest child. I tried to be reasonable with him, but it didn't work. Andy asked about him last year. He actually thought his dad was dad. He remembered nothing about him, or his half-brother or sisters. His dad doesn't even call to see how Andy is. And the bad part is, is that his dad lives in Memphis, actually IN Bartlett!
Jaydon's dad.. Wow.. What can I say about him? We were together for 2.5 years. He acted like Jaydon was his world. Nothing could seperate them! When I decided to leave Terry, it all turned around. I left him on December 5. The whole time, he was thinking I would keep Jaydon away from him. He had talked about it and he had started feeling better. I took Jaydon to where he was staying the Friday after Christmas. They played for a bit, and that was it. He called a few times, but that was it. I called his dad to see if he wanted Jaydon to come over on New Years, "OF COURSE!". Of course, the day came, and Jaydon was a little bit sick, but Terry didn't care. As I left, Jaydon cried, and that's all I could hear until I got to the van. I felt bad for the kid, but I "knew" that's what Terry wanted, and Jaydon needed, so I kept going. Needless to say, when I came to pick Jaydon up, Terry said he stood at the door the whole time waiting for me to come back. And, that was the last time Jaydon saw his daddy. I haven't even heard a "how is he?" or "what can he do now?" anymore.
Can you imagine your son walking around "talking" on the phone to his daddy when no one is on the other line? Everytime someone calls, he says "dada". It's pretty sad. Not only does Andy not have a father, but now, I have 2 children that are in the same situation.
Here's my input on this. I don't know why Andy's dad did the way he did and I really don't care.
But I really feel that Terry puts on a show. He makes it look like his world revolves around Jaydon... but that's only if he has help. When we were together, I had to deal with the fit-throwing, and screaming and yelling. Yes, it drove me nuts all the time (still does), but I had to do it. It's part of my job, correct? Well, it should also be part of the father's job too, but I never said anything. Once we broke up, he then realized, that he would have to do it all by himself. There was no one to deal with it for him.
There are good outcomes with will come out of this. MY children will learn how they should NEVER act. They will know how NOT to treat other females, nor their own children. When you have responsibilities like that, you don't just run away. You have to deal with it.
I will definitely raise my kids to be the total opposite of their sperm donors, b/c let's face it. That's all those "men" are.

No comments:

Post a Comment